Dr. Abhishek Zanwar
He is one of the best & experienced Rheumatologists in Viman Nagar, Pune. With his knowledge & experience, he has helped many patients of all ages to get the right treatment & relief from their medical problems. His skillset includes
- Adult Rheumatology.
- Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Primary Immunodeficiency disorders.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound and guided procedures.
Please walk in to the clinic and we will be happy to assist you.
In case of emergency please visit the nearest hospital and inform us.
Book an appointment in advance to avoid last-minute rush and inconvenience.
Our rheumatologists offer a wide range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients with arthritis, osteoporosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriatic arthritis, gout and other rheumatic diseases. We provide treatments and services that can relieve pain, strengthen bones and muscles, and prevent further damage to joints and bones.
In this disease inflammation occurs in and around the joints, thereby damaging the tissues, and causing pain, stiffness, and swelling.
The result is that this causes thickening, weakening, narrowing, and scarring of the blood vessels.
- Age – polymyalgia rheumatica is most common in adults over the age of 50
- Gender – women are more likely to develop polymyalgia rheumatica than men
- Family history – you are more likely to develop polymyalgia rheumatica if you have a family member with the condition
Gout and Pseudogout
Dr. Abhishek’s specializations are Arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and back pain. He is a Consultant Rheumatologist in Ruby Hall Clinic Pune & Poona Super- Speciality Clinic, Viman Nagar Pune. With his Flawless treatment & reputation over the years, he has become one of the best Rheumatologists.
We Take Phones Appt!
Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions do rheumatologists treat?
- Persistent back pain
- Connective tissue diseases
- Arthritis rheumatoid
Of course, these diseases impact not just the joints and muscles.
To help you manage your symptoms, our rheumatology team will coordinate with your primary care physician and other medical professionals. We frequently collaborate with the following teams:
- Occupational therapy
- Management of pain
- Physical therapy
What are the symptoms of rheumatic disease?
Common signs and symptoms of many rheumatic diseases include:
- Swelling, stiffness, or joint pain
- Unable to sleep due to pain
- Skin hardness, tightness, or toughness
- Weakness or lack of mobility
If you notice any of these symptoms, please let your doctor know. He or she may suggest that you see a rheumatologist to get a diagnosis.
How are rheumatic conditions diagnosed?
Depending on your health, the doctor can additionally recommend one or more of the following tests:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound
The diagnostic process may take some time because the symptoms of the rheumatic disease can be confusing. As your care team works through your diagnosis, kindly try to be patient. The only way to safely treat your pain while also achieving significant pain relief is to make an accurate diagnosis.
What treatments are offered?
- Dietary changes – Some foods and beverages, such as alcohol, cause the body to become more inflammatory. Your rheumatologist may advise you to stay away from certain triggers or consume them in moderation.
- Exercise: Can benefit improve mobility, stiffness relief, and inflammation reduction, despite the fact that it may seem paradoxical. Your doctor can advise you on the best exercises for your condition and capability.
- Applying hot or cold compresses: This can help reduce pain and swelling as part of a heat-and-cold therapeutic strategy. Before utilizing this technique with your disease, see your rheumatologist.
- Medication – Drugs that are taken orally or used topically can ease the pain. Corticosteroid injections may provide better stiffness and inflammation relief for some people.
- Relaxation techniques: Relieving stress and suffering through relaxing the body, mind, and spirit.
In order to relieve pressure on hurting joints and muscles, your doctor may also recommend an assistive device, such as a brace, splint, cane, or walker.
09356207536 / 07249769594
105, first floor, Above Dorabjee, Town Square shopping complex, New Airport road, Viman Nagar, Pune.